Development and Relief Foundation is a charitable non-profit organization classified as a public tax-exempt charity in the USA under section 501c (3) of the IRS codes.
Developments and Relief Foundation was founded in 2004 following the regime change in Iraq. The organization was founded on the belief that a quality education and a healthy community are essential parts in the process of building a democratic nation. Also, it was founded on the belief that providing services to underserved, impoverished people are the responsibility of the global community.
Delivering Hope, Education, and Support Services.
Development and Relief Foundations mission is to bring healing and hope for broken hearts, by promising them a bright future by:
- Providing quality education to children
- Offering income-generating training to widows
- Distributing nourishing food to underserved families
- Sponsoring orphans and less fortunate children
- Distributing food, clothing, and blankets at refugee camps
- Providing interest free micro/student loans
- Providing healthcare services through Imam al-Hujjah Hospital.
What We Do and Who We Serve
Development and Relief Foundation strives to assist those who are less fortunate in Iraq. We provide grants along with training and consultation to DRF-Iraq which is an independent public charity in Iraq. DRF accepts donations and contributions worldwide through its website. Funds are used to support services stated in the mission statements.